Apple Inc's newly unveiled smartwatch on Tuesday split fashion arbiters who may prove pivotal to its broad acceptance.
Apple Inc has invited top fashion editors and bloggers in unprecedented numbers to its Tuesday launch gala, further evidence that the iPhone maker is preparing to take the wraps off a smartwatch.
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Thursday unveiled what it said was the first smartwatch capable of making and receiving calls without a mobile phone nearby, in the South Korean firm's latest effort to find a new growth driver.
In a tech conference in San Francisco, Pebble Technology founder Eric Migicovsky expressed his confidence on their smartwatch product against similar products of tech giants such as Samsung and Apple.
The smartwatch had been seen as the latest addition to the consumer electronics market however a source said the device would not change anything in the industry.
Fans of wearable devices said there is a huge market potential for the smartwatch.
Samsung Electronics created a stir with Galaxy Gear as its unveiling draws near.
Samsung’s smart wristwatch launch next month is expected to set off new battle following wrangles with Apple Inc over smartphones and tablets.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Elon Musk's Neuralink Raises Another $43 Million as It Gears up for Human Trials
- Mark Cuban to Sell Majority Stake of Dallas Mavericks to Sands Casino Family for $3.5 Billion
- Personal Finance 101: Types of Personal Bank Accounts
- Amazon Introduces an AI Chatbot for Businessess Called Q
- Joe Biden Slams Corporations Over Soaring Consumer Prices, Says 'It’s Time to Stop the Price-Gouging'
- Goldman Sachs Identifies 2 Healthcare Stocks With up to 130% Upside Potential
- US Chip Export Ban Is Taking a Toll on Chinese AI Startups
- Wall Street Experts Reveal Best Long-Term Investment Stocks to Buy