Volkswagen reaches $1-billion deal on the last diesel cars caught in emissions scandal
Volkswagen will start recalling 91,000 of its Passat 2012-2014 models in the U.S. over problems with the vehicle’s connector that could cause overheating and electrical short. The automaker is lately being clouded by scandals regarding emission and its vehicles.
The leading global auto major Volkswagen, which is reeling under pressure owing to emission tests rigging scandal, has assured that it would replace the deceptive engine software that manipulates results from emission tests. It's estimated that about 11million vehicles sold across the world have been fitted with manipulative engine software. The German automobile company will start informing the owners of 11mn vehicles. It's found that these vehicles emit harmful pollutants 40 times higher than the US environment standards. However, Volkswagen didn't elaborate on the exact time of completion of the process or any compensation to vehicle owners. Volkswagen will submit a plan on technical solutions to regulators and environmental authorities for approval in October.
California's gasoline sales are rising at some of the fastest rates for a decade, as an improving economy and lower fuel prices encourage more driving, according to state tax records.
U.S. export regulators are seeking more information from at least three would-be exporters of domestic condensate, including Marathon Oil, while half a dozen other firms have recently been cleared to sell the abundant ultra-light oil abroad, people familiar with the process told Reuters.
An unusual disconnect has emerged in the U.S. oil market, with headline futures slumping to levels below $90 a barrel even as traders in the physical crude market report surprisingly robust demand and strong pricing.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Forget the kitties - cryptocelebrities are the latest blockchain money spinner
- OUKITEL Engineers Team Endorse for the 10000mAh K7, To Make the Best large battery smartphone
- Debt in the US: Is the Government Setting a Bad Example for All of Us?
- OUKITEL K7 is Coming soon: 10000mAh battery with 18:9 diaplay
- How Fintech Is Changing The Shape Of The Market
- Was Currencies Direct a Good Buy?
- Will ICOs Signal the End of the VC Industry?
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM