Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.presented a bill that would pay social security beneficiaries a one-time stipend intended to balance the absence of a cost living adjustment in 2016. Investment News reported that Warren's arrangement calls for the elimination of a tax reduction that allows companies to discount CEO rewards, authorizing the cash to pay those on Social Security.
Citigroup Inc had at least one advantage in its successful bid for the exclusive right to issue credit cards for Costco Wholesale Corp, rivals and tax specialists say: it lost so much money during the financial crisis that it has billions of dollars of tax credits.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- JPMorgan Chase Gives Gloomy Outlook, Says 99% of Americans Will Be Worse off Financially in 2024 Than Pre-Pandemic
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Apple's Market Cap Climbs Back Above $3 Trillion for the First Time Since August
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks