South Korea has ordered thousands of protesting physicians to return to work immediately.
North Korea has junked all deals with South Korea on promoting economic cooperation as the ties between the neighboring countries continue to deteriorate.
Russia has expressed anger over Japan's move to help Ukraine and South Korea's economic sanctions against Moscow.
A battalion of enraged South Koreans protested last Saturday in Seoul, pushing Park Geun-hye to issue his official resignation as the country’s president.
Anbang Insurance is acquiring Allianz’s operations in South Korea after dropping its offer to buy Starwood hotels. The deal is waiting for approval from South Korea’s financial regulator.
McDonald’s is planning to extend its fast food empire to Asia by opening additional restaurants in Hong Kong, South Korea and China. It is also seeking strategic partnership in Japan and Taiwan.
South Korean venture capital firms are eyeing overseas biotech industry to accelerate investment goals. At the sametime, tech startups in Korea also began to flourish.
McDonald's is about to launch its experimental outlet in Seoul, South Korea, with draft beer. The fast-food giant has taken its first steps to introduce the concept of beer with hamburgers in Asia, having added this beverage long time back in its German, French, and Spanish outlets. If the Asian people embrace this concept, McDonald's is ready to open up two more similar outlets in Gangnam and Sinchon.
Since her 2013 inauguration, president Park Geun-hye tried to enhance startups company and investing $3 billion. Now country starts to see the payoff of its initiative. One last hurdle is to change the people's mindset on entrepreneurship.
South Korean steelmaker POSCO announced a consolidated net profit, excluding minority interests, of 181 billion won for 2015, down from 626 billion won in the previous year.
The advancement of the internet in South Korea has brought some advantages as well as social issues. Internet addiction has been a concern in the country, and the government is helping to solve the issue with some programs, including rehabilitation camps.
South Korea’s Ministry of Environment will file criminal charges against Volkswagen AG’s Korean office head, citing that the car makers proposed plan falls short from the country’s legal requirements.
China seeks to disarm North Korea nuclear weapon. Beijing has initiated dialogue with South Korea after North Korean conducted its fourth nuclear test on Wednesday.
Continuing 12-month falling streak, South Korea suffered drop in exports during December 2015 as well. The sluggish Chinese demand and weaker global outlook have impacted South Korea's exports in 2015. The drop in exports surpassed the forecast of economists.
Qualcomm Inc. altered its proxy process requiring shareholders to have their stake in the company for at least three years before nominating people for the board.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- James Biden, Joe Biden's Brother, Contradicts Himself at Impeachment Hearing on President’s Involvement in Family Business: GOP
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
- Donald Trump's Social Media Deal Greenlighted by SEC — And It Could Make Him a Fortune
- Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos Completes Selling Up to 50 Million Shares, Netting $8.5 Billion