The National Pension Service of South Korea increased its stake in six local companies as the government lengthened disclosure times for share purchases over 10%.
Hyundai said it had reached a preliminary agreement with its union to help end the strike that had crippled their vehicle production.
South Korea would be offering a sale of ten-year bonds despite concerns of the US Federal Reserve reducing its asset purchases.
Last Wednesday, North and South Korea said through a joint statement that it would reopen the Kaesong industrial zone to attract foreign investors.
North and South Korea announced that they had agreed to reopen the Kaesong industrial complex, which was closed when tensions grew between the two countries in April.
Samsung would launch its newest smartphone, Galaxy Mega, in its home market.
South Korean retail chain Shinsegai said that it will continue to invest in the local market this year to boost local demand.
According to data by the Financial Supervisory Service, Chinese investments in South Korea's local securities increased 42 times since late 2008.
South Korea expressed its concerns regarding the Obama administration’s decision to overrule a sales ban of Apple’s iPhone 4 and iPad 2.
Lotte Department Store was considering an IPO in Singapore worth US$1 billion.
South Korea will decide next week whether to proceed with the auction for the supplying of 60 next generation fighter jets worth US$7.31 billion.
ING announced that they have reached an agreement to sell its investment management business in South Korea to Macquarie Group
JPMorgan have started buying South Korean Equities due to their current valuations.
The sale of Woori Finance Holdings Co. was expected to succeed and earn about US$10.2 billion after four attempts.
South Korea issued a bond-market aid package.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Warren Buffett's Trusted Associate Charlie Munger Dies at 99: What's Next for Berkshire Hathaway?
- Mark Cuban to Sell Majority Stake of Dallas Mavericks to Sands Casino Family for $3.5 Billion
- Personal Finance 101: Types of Personal Bank Accounts
- Amazon Introduces an AI Chatbot for Businessess Called Q
- Global Migration Insights: Fahd Haque's Call for Compassion in U.S. Immigration Law
- Joe Biden Slams Corporations Over Soaring Consumer Prices, Says 'It’s Time to Stop the Price-Gouging'
- Unifying the Digital Landscape: Cardware's End-to-End Platform for Modern Content Management
- US Chip Export Ban Is Taking a Toll on Chinese AI Startups