US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has slapped penalties on AIG's three affiliates for steering customers to high-fee products. AIG is also offloading its brokerage unit owing to stringent norms. AIG has agreed to pay $9.5 million for settling the regulator's claims.
Thirty-one percent of investors said the settlements with regulators and fines issued by regulators against banks for selling shoddy mortgages were not enough to cause a change in the behavior of the lenders, the Bloomberg Global Poll revealed.
An Orlando, FL federal jury awarded USD173 million in penalties upon Qualcomm for patent infringement perpetrated upon ParkerVision.
US District Judge Jed Rakoff had set a hearing on the issues and a date for his rulings by December on the civil case against Countrywide Financial Corp's defective loan transactions with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
To address wrongdoing in the 'London Whale' scandal, JP Morgan enters into a settlement agreement with the CFTC.
The new agreement between US and Swiss governments would allow payment of fines or deferment of prosecution from tax evasion committed by US clients.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop