It was agreed that Apollo Global Management is taking over Fresh Market Inc. Chairman and founder Ray Berry is not so pleased and is considering of making the company private where he and his son own 9.8% of shares. This would be Apollo's third largest acquisition that is worth more than a billion dollars.
The US Federal Trade Commission has given its approval to the purchase of Harris Teeter by Kroger Co, according to a statement from both supermarket chains, Reuters reported.
Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. announced in an internal memo that it could be selling the company to another supermarket operator or a private equity firm.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Uber Shares Jump After the Ride-Hailing Company Picked to Join the S&P 500 Index
- Abercrombie & Fitch Sued by Ex-CEO Mike Jeffries, Demanding to Cover Legal Fees Related to Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- McDonald's First CosMc’s Spinoff Restaurant to Open This Week in Illinois