A two-day policy meeting of US Federal Reserve will conclude on Wednesday. US Fed Chair Janet Yellen is expected to keep short-term interest rate unchanged for now and may go for a hike in June.
The US economy recorded better than expected performance during the fourth quarter enabling it to conclude 2015 on positive mode. Surpassing the forecast of 0.7 percent, the US economy grew one percent during September-October quarter in 2015 giving much leverage to the US government to tighten monetary policy.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- JPMorgan Chase Gives Gloomy Outlook, Says 99% of Americans Will Be Worse off Financially in 2024 Than Pre-Pandemic
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah