Illinois, Chicago-based multimedia corporation Tribune Co has completed its $2.73-billion acquisition of television broadcasting firm Local TV after emerging from a four-year Chapter 11 bankruptcy in December.
Independent registered investment adviser Savant Capital Management has reportedly agreed to take over Paragon Advisors for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition will reportedly bolster Savant's assets under management to $3.7 billion.
Sysco Corp announced it will buy rival US Foods for USD3.5 billion in a merger deal that will create a food distribution giant with around USD65 billion in annual revenue.
Livingstone has sold Illinois-based shopping center security solutions provider IPC International Corp to Universal Protection Service LLC for USD24 million in cash following a bankruptcy auction.
Illinois intends to sell USD350 million in general obligation bonds in a sale initially slated on December 12. Illinois legislators are set to vote on a pension reform bill that could save the state around USD160 billion in 30 years.
Pork producer The Maschhoffs LLC announced on Friday that it has agreed to purchase chicken company GNP Company for an undisclosed amount. GNP company is the 18th-biggest broiler producer in the US.
Illinois-based niche pharmaceutical firm Akorn Inc acquired the US rights to three branded ophthalmic products from New Jersey-based international pharmaceutical company Merck for USD52.8 million.
ITW buys Gold Pattern Holdings which owns Vesta, makers of Justa kitchenware.
Bond sale is in the offing for the Bi-State Development Agency for Missouri and Illinois.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Elon Musk's Neuralink Raises Another $43 Million as It Gears up for Human Trials
- Mark Cuban to Sell Majority Stake of Dallas Mavericks to Sands Casino Family for $3.5 Billion
- Personal Finance 101: Types of Personal Bank Accounts
- Amazon Introduces an AI Chatbot for Businessess Called Q
- Joe Biden Slams Corporations Over Soaring Consumer Prices, Says 'It’s Time to Stop the Price-Gouging'
- Goldman Sachs Identifies 2 Healthcare Stocks With up to 130% Upside Potential
- US Chip Export Ban Is Taking a Toll on Chinese AI Startups
- Wall Street Experts Reveal Best Long-Term Investment Stocks to Buy