Residents of the Grünheide town in Brandenburg, Germany, have rejected plans by Elon Musk's electric carmaker, Tesla, to expand its factory in the municipality just outside Berlin in a non-binding vote.
Warren Buffett-backed BYD has seized the top position in China's car market, ending Volkswagen's 15-year reign.
Arnold Schwarzenegger was temporarily detained in Germany for failing to declare a luxury watch upon landing at Munich Airport.
Germany is reportedly grappling with an economic slowdown that is now impacting its labor market.
German politician Thomas Opperman has threatened to fine Facebook up to €500,000 for every fake news on the platform. This came after Mark Zuckerberg announced the company's plans of building a more informed community, providing changes such as a simple way to flag articles that users think could be fake.
Germany could fine Facebook €500,000 for each fake news post.
Volkswagen, its Audi and Porsche luxury brands, BMW, Daimler, and Ford’s European division have joined forces to build more electric car charging sites across Europe. The joint venture wants to create 400 charging sites next year in order to boost the demand on electric vehicles.
Swiss banks are lending hands for Germany And Austria in the bitcoin industry.
On Tuesday, the Republic of Germany has extended its helping hand to Malawi and gave 45 million Euros for the development in the country’s primary sectors including health, education and social protection.
According to the statement of its Senior Officials on Monday, the German government has already arrived at a tentative agreement on a Climate Action Plan including targets for all economic sectors aiming to decrease C02 discharge by at least 55 percent by 2030 compared to 1990.
After some not so good effects on the other EU countries, Germany is now as it suffers its pharma and transport sectors.
Sigmar Gabriel, the economy minister of Germany urged the government to put up more investments. He stressed out that there should be more schools to be put up, infrastructures such as road as well as in education. In his speech he asked to push more welfare handouts of the solid public finances.
Nokia's Alcatel-Lucent Acquisition Prompts Worlwide Job Cuts
Britain's exit from the European Union will have a negative impact on the economy of the country, according to officials. The UK prime minister pledges to negotiate a better agreement for the nation in the union.
McDonald's is about to launch its experimental outlet in Seoul, South Korea, with draft beer. The fast-food giant has taken its first steps to introduce the concept of beer with hamburgers in Asia, having added this beverage long time back in its German, French, and Spanish outlets. If the Asian people embrace this concept, McDonald's is ready to open up two more similar outlets in Gangnam and Sinchon.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Hawaii Becomes the 4th State to Have Federally Funded EV Charging Station — And It's on Maui
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- LockBit Hackers Set a Ransom Deadline to Release Donald Trump Documents From Georgia Case
- IBM Seeks Volunteers for Layoffs, Targeting 80% Reduction in Worldwide Staff
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- OpenAI Executives Say Elon Musk's Lawsuit Stems From His 'Regrets’ That He’s No Longer Part of the Company