George Osborne has over-shoot the borrowing forecast due to weak economic outlook and poor tax receipts. In order to achieve his self imposed goal, he has been left with only two options for his 2016 budget- cut public expenses or increase taxes. However, the UK chancellor has hinted opting for reducing public expenses while addressing the BBC’s Marr Show.
Debates in favor of and against Brexit continuing in the UK and also in the EU member countries. Except the world’s fifth largest economy, both EU and Britain, are believed to get weakened in exerting influence over global issues.
The UK Home Secretary has placed a draft bill allowing the law enforcers to bulk collection of internet traffic. The civil rights bodies have protested the bill accusing it to stand against individual privacy. However, the home secretary expects, through passing the bill, UK will be the first country enacting the most draconian surveillance laws.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks