New York-based investment firm Sandell Asset Management has again pressured FirstGroup, the owner of Greyhound bus, to split the company and revamp its operations, Bloomberg reported.
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Wednesday, including Fortum, National Vision, Saipem, CTT, MTS, Southern Pacific, Warrnambool, Verbund, Bakkafrost, Popular and Marathon Oil.
UK-based FirstGroup said no to the proposal of hedge fund Sandell Asset Management to split the company and sell assets, saying the plan contained a number of structural flaws and inaccuracies, a Bloomberg report said.
A Financial Times report said activist investor Sandell Asset Management has written a letter to UK transport group FirstGroup to sell its US businesses so it can pay down debt.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Avoid These Mistakes When Pitching to Venture Capitalists
- Arctic Bearz - A Unique NFT Linked With the Preservation of Polar Bears
- Non-fungible tokens: Multi Billion-dollar Industry beyond JPEGs
- Samurai Cats is the latest NFT project associated with art by Hiro Ando.
- Discover the VaaS Technology That Could Help to Keep Your Business Safe
- What are the Benefits of Running a Virtual/Hybrid Investor Event?
- 5 Tips On Managing Your Addiction Withdrawal Symptoms
- Top International Economic Events of the 21st Century