Global food delivery service Deliveroo is expanding further in Australia and will soon launch in Brisbane as its third city the country. The expansion came after experiencing a sustained growth in its first two cities since it launched in Australia on November last year.
- James Biden, Joe Biden's Brother, Contradicts Himself at Impeachment Hearing on President’s Involvement in Family Business
- Donald Trump Requests 30-Day Extension to Pay $355 Million Civil Fraud Fine as His Campaign Faces Financial Peril
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
The Royal Melbourne Hospital is on the verge of a medical breakthrough with its 'Stentrode' - a small, paper-clip-like brain implantation that is said to bring back mobility to paralyzed patients. This cure will eliminate the need of an open brain surgery, and the first clinical trials on human are slated to begin in 2017 in Melbourne.
Netflix has blocked its Australian subscribers from accessing the US content, who also happen to circumvent its geographical blocks with the help of private virtual network providers like uFlix and ExpressVPN. A continuous error message keeps the users from watching their favorite American dailies and movies. This has irked the so-called "geo-blockers" who are currently working on a solution to penetrate this block.
Melbourne, Australia-based payments startup Aston Club took home $1.5 million in its seed funding round led by Chris Morris of Computershare to launch a mobile app that helps users pay their bar and restaurant bills.
New Zealand-based customer relationship management (CRM) software startup MyWave bagged NZ$2.5 million in an oversubscribed first funding round to develop its product and customer base before its 2015 listing on the New Zealand Stock Exchange.
Melbourne, Australia-based animal therapeutics developer Nexvet Biopharma scored $31.5 million in a funding round from investors and shareholders to expand its product portfolio and clinical program for pets' health.
Glebe, Australia-based business-to-business (B2B) publishing firm The Intermedia Group added beer and cider consumer publication Beer & Brewer Magazine for an undisclosed sum to beef up its liquor title portfolio.
Melbourne, Australia-based startup Influx.com pocketed $250,000 in seed funding from Mark Harbottle and Leni Mayo to provide CRM (customer relationship management) solutions for online and tech startups.
Melbourne, Australia-based web hosting provider Melbourne IT added Sydney-based web domain registry and web hosting firm NetRegistry in a deal valued at $50.4 million to combine two of the biggest web service businesses in the country.
Melbourne, Victoria-based financial planning firm Financial Index Wealth Accountants (Findex) agreed to take over Sydney, New South Wales-based high net worth advisory company Centric Wealth Ltd for an unconfirmed amount.
Melbourne, Victoria-based diamond mining firm Merlin Diamonds raised $2 million by selling 26 million of its shares at $0.75 apiece to Singapore-based investment holding firm Blumont Group for the development of its diamond mine in the Northern Territory of Australia.
China's Bright Food Group Ltd unit Manassen Foods could be the frontrunner in an acquisition contest for United Dairy Power, the biggest privately-owned milk supplier in Australia, according to a news report by the Business Spectator.
New Zealand-based express package services provider Freightways Limited has purchased two document destruction businesses, namely Sydney-based Advance Security Destruction Services and Hastings-based Docushred, for a total of USD13 million.
Charter Hall Retail REIT completed a fully underwritten USD80 million institutional placement for the partial funding of its Rosebud Plaza acquisition, according to the company's statement to the Australian Securities Exchange.
Telstra's mobile market share in Australia rose to 50% as its income beat analysts' projections.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Reacts to Vladimir Putin's Comments That He Prefers Joe Biden Over Him in the White House
- Russia's Vladimir Putin Says Russian Scientists Are Close to Creating Cancer Vaccines
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Avoids Taiwan for Foxconn's 50th; COO Attends Instead
- Microsoft Catches Hackers From Russia, China, North Korea, Iran Using OpenAI Tools to Improve Their Cyberattacks
- Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos Completes Selling Up to 50 Million Shares, Netting $8.5 Billion
- Salt Bae Restaurant Cuts Down Energy Expenses Despite Selling Overpriced Steaks