State-run media broadcasts indicated that the Chinese government is turning against the country’s most successful e-commerce company Alibaba. However, the company didn’t seem to take much damage from the reports in terms of sales and shares.
New York-based hedge fund Visium Asset Management is facing probe by the US Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) and Justice Department over its trading and valuation issues. Visium's exposure to healthcare sector is under scanner.
Shares of Takata Corp opened down 1 percent on Friday after the Japanese auto parts maker said it was the subject of a U.S. criminal investigation over defective air bags that have been linked to five deaths.
U.S. stocks fell on Monday, following the sharpest moves in indexes in the past three months during the two previous sessions, as developments in Ukraine and the Gaza Strip continue to garner investor focus.
Embraer under fire for corruption charges in the Dominican Republic.
Goldman Sachs, as well as a number of hedge funds or investment firms, is subject of a review by Korean regulators for compliance with local laws.
Co-CEO Anshu Jain of Deutsche Bank said investigations of wrongdoing further eroding public trust in financial markets.
The China Business News reported five officials of PetroChina were detained, a report that was denied by the oil company as 'inaccurate.'
As the company faces an investigation on corruption under the previous leadership, the new management of PetroChina is seeking to distance itself from the legacy of its former chairman.
President Xi Jinping's anti-corruption drive tries another senior official of graft.
US government widened probe into JPMorgan's hiring practices to include countries across Asia.
CNPC vice president Wang Yongchun is under investigation from the China Ministry of Supervision due to unspecified breaches of discipline.
JPMorgan Chase is being investigated by the SEC for possible wrongdoing.
The shares of E*Trade plunged the most since April after the conduct of the Finra probe in two of its units.
Police started the investigation against Kanye West's alleged battery of a camera man.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Saudi Arabia Offers 30-Year Tax Exemption Package for Foreign Companies
- Italy Formally Withdraws From Belt and Road Agreement With China
- McDonald's First CosMc’s Spinoff Restaurant to Open This Week in Illinois
- EU to Delay Tariffs on UK Electric Vehicles for 3 Years, Offers €3 Billion to Boost Battery Manufacturing
- After Blackpink Renews Contract With YG Entertainment, K-Pop Agency Shares Spike 29%
- Beyond Profits: A Look Into Trevor & Greg's Serviced Accommodation Mentorship Program
- Abercrombie & Fitch Sued by Ex-CEO Mike Jeffries, Demanding to Cover Legal Fees Related to Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS