The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned that almost 40% of global jobs could be impacted by the growing influence of artificial intelligence (AI).
Mexico has become the 12th largest economy in the world after it moved up two positions from last year, according to the GDP projections of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for 2023.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank have approved $4.5 billion in debt forgiveness for Somalia.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has approved a $900 million disbursement for Ukraine.
The US and China risk a "new Cold War" as economic and trade conflicts escalate, according to an IMF official.
Greek public sector workers walked off the street in a series of protest against reforms under the international bailout.
IMF cuts its estimate for U.S eonomic growth to 1.6 percent from 2.2 percent it had predicted in July.
Leaders of the world's economy began their regular meeting on Thursday discussing necessary steps to boost growth and consumption. While G20 also held a meeting with similar agenda.
The IMF calls banks, policy makers, and other key players in both advanced and emerging markets to address economic problems immediately. IMF warned that current issues and uncertainty could lead to a new financial crisis or economic stagnancy in a global sense.
The second largest oil producer in Africa will start negotiate with IMF next week for a bailout program. Continuous drop of oil price hit Angola economy after years of prosperity from oil production.
In response to a letter from the Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, Christine Lagarde, the IMF chief, has binned the Wikileaks’ transcript. Since IMF doesn’t act on leaks, she decided to allow the IMF team to resume the postponed bailout review. She has stressed the need for a speedy conclusion of the bailout review just for the sake of the Greek people.
Eurogroup President Jeroen Dijsselbloem said to begin review on Greece debt soon. The group will renew talk after Greek government continue its reform plan.
The newly-elected managing director of the IMF, Christine Lagarde, spoke at the Global Women’s Forum 2016 regarding the global economy, especially in the wake of the China economic slowdown. Despite the prolonged slowdown, the IMF foresee that China’s lower growth was deliberate and healthy.
The east African nation Ethiopia is poised to grow at 8.1 percent in 2016 from 8.7 percent growth in 2015. This makes Ethiopia a fastest growing nation in the world. The government spending on infrastructure projects is mainly driving the economy growth.
South African Reserve Bank (SARB) has announced increasing key interest rates by fifty basis points to 6.75% on Thursday. It has also slashed down growth forecast to 0.9%. SARB has increased the interest rates for the second time with an interval of weeks. However, the rate hike will influence the Banks’ expenses and banking industry may witness job cutting as cost minimization effort.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- Reddit to Go Public After Submitting Its IPO Filing to Trade on NYSE Under the Ticker 'RDDT'
- Elon Musk Gets Into Heated Exchange With Stephen King After the Author Refused to Call Twitter by Its New Name X
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
- Google Halts Gemini AI Image Generation Tool After 'Inaccuracies' in Historical Pictures