The Shanghai Gold Exchange (SGE) has allowed using physical gold and other securities as collateral on futures contracts trading. The move is aimed at increasing volumes and attracting investors from other markets.
The recent devaluation of Chinese currency Yuan has already started creating tremors in the global markets and more precisely in the US economy as it's triggering an imbalance in international trade.
Hong Kong's securities regulator said on Friday it will propose laws boosting cooperation with its foreign counterparts, at a time when the emergence of a number of cross-border fraud and corruption scandals make such collaboration vital.
European banks Deutsche Bank, Barclays and UBS have seen their market share in foreign exchange trading slump in the past year, as U.S. banks led by Citigroup (C.N) grabbed business, according to widely watched industry rankings.
HSBC (HSBA.L) reported a 17 percent fall in annual pretax profit and cut its profitability target, saying allegations its Swiss business had helped customers to dodge taxes had brought shame on the bank.
First thing every morning Bill Hickey turns on the TV to see where the U.S. dollar is trading in the hope it has lost value against the euro and other currencies.
British and U.S. regulators are poised to levy hefty fines on leading banks in a landmark settlement after a year-long global investigation of allegations of collusion and manipulation in the foreign exchange market.
The euro fell to its lowest in nearly a year against a firmer dollar on Monday after the head of the European Central Bank said he was prepared to take action if inflation dropped further, raising expectations of quantitative easing.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc lost more than $1 billion on currency trades during the third quarter, recent regulatory filings show, offering some insight into why the firm, reported its worst quarter in a key trading unit since the financial crisis.
Kuwait's Zain blames the decline in the Sudanese pound as well as other foreign exchange factors for the company's fifth straight decline in quarterly profit.
In a statement, Credit Suisse said it found no evidence of foreign market manipulation.
The following is a discussion on the differences and similarities between forex and stock trading.
Hedging should not be automatically done as this can be studied to make the position more viable in the long run.
Currency risk is based on currency fluctuations of one currency as against another.
Currency hedging requires an understanding of the market (art) and the actual exchange at a given time (science) to be insulated from currency value fluctuations.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- Willy Wonka-Inspired Event in Glasgow Ends With Visitors Calling Police as They Believe They Got Scammed
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- North Korea Continues to Secretly Send Vast Amounts of Artillery Shells to Russia for War, South Korea Says
- Donald Trump, Unable to Pay Full $454 Million Bond Amount, Offers to Post $100 Million in Civil Fraud Case But Appellate Judge Denies It
- Melania Trump Spends Time in White House Negotiating Prenup With Former President Donald Trump
- U.S. And China Relations In Danger After Threat of Espionage and Economic Challenges