Skyscanner, the Edinburgh-based technology company, has been sold to a Chinese rival for £1.4bn. Skyscanner sells travel online, but it is much more than just another travel website; its technology frequently sees it cited as one of Britain's top technology companies, and it is one of the UK's few "unicorns" - youngish tech companies with valuations north of $1bn.
The Panama Papers documents leak suggest that Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko might be using an offshore company to evade tax. However, the president has denied such accusations, saying that he has not been managing the assets since he became president in 2014.
A lawsuit filed on March 8 claimed that Sequoia Capital’s partner Michael Goguen has sexually, physically, and emotionally abused a woman for 12 years. Mr Goguen has been dismissed from the firm regarding the case and is seeking to file a cross complaint and prove he’s not guilty of the alleged crimes.
500 Startups is seeing a great potential in Vietnam, where more than half of its population are below the age of 30 and most adults are using smartphones. The Silicon Valley-based accelerator is preparing a $10 million investment fund dedicated for Vietnam startups.
The Sacramento Kings announced a tech startup contest for local entrepreneurs. Supported by local investment firm Velocity Venture Capital, finalists will get an opportunity to pitch their ideas to judges and a chance to win a cash prize and consultation sessions with the Kings executives.
One of China’s biggest venture capital firm, Qiming, secured its fifth US dollar venture capital fund in total of $648 million. The fund will help expand the firm’s investments in Chinese top startups in various sectors such as internet, consumer, technology, healthcare, as well as cleantech.
Morgan Stanley, the America based Global financial services firm has described Cincinnati based Kroger as a potential business competitor to Amazon, Walmart followed by a study. The new ecommerce platform has got momentum and enormous popularity due its unique offerings. However, another study has depicted Kroger as a threat to Publix, still remaining away from Amazon or Walmart.
BlackBerry Interim CEO John Chen stressed his experience to be able to turn around the firm.
Power Capital Holdings launches Power Capital Partners LLC.
A joint venture firm was agreed to be formed between Siemens AG and John Wood Group
Private equity firm J-STAR secured investment commitments amounting to JPY11.86 billion from both global and domestic investors.
Ireland's low corporate income tax attracts US multinationals but the country's Department of Finance claim the policy aims to bolster local economy.
MBIA engages the law firm of Weil, Gotshal and Manges on ways to avoid rehabilitation of its structured finance business unit.
Wolfberg and Landry to join forces in new hedge fund firm.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Melania Trump Spends Time in White House Negotiating Prenup With Former President Donald Trump
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- North Korea Continues to Secretly Send Vast Amounts of Artillery Shells to Russia for War, South Korea Says
- Willy Wonka-Inspired Event in Glasgow Ends With Visitors Calling Police as They Believe They Got Scammed
- Elon Musk Mocks Canada's Justin Trudeau by Sharing Real Images of Him in 'Brownface,' Various Costumes, Then Credited Them to AI Tool
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh
- Elon Musk's The Boring Company Faces Scrutiny Over Worker Safety Violations: Report
- Microsoft and FWD Group Extends Collaboration To Achieve AI-Powered Insurance Industry