Federal Reserve Governor Christopher Waller has affirmed that the US dollar will remain the world's reserve currency.
The Federal Reserve has indicated a cautious approach towards cutting US interest rates.
Former President Donald Trump has voiced his disapproval of Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell's handling of the economy.
The US dollar has slipped to a five-month low against the euro and several other currencies,
After the Federal Reserve signaled it could start cutting interest rates next year if inflation continues to fall, the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at a new record high.
According to the latest CNBC Fed Survey, there is a growing expectation that the Federal Reserve will initiate rate cuts in June 2024.
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell has dismissed market speculations for aggressive interest rate cuts ahead.
Amid signs of an economic slowdown, ING Economics predicts that the US Federal Reserve will cut interest rates six times in 2024.
After the victory of the Republican Donald Trump last week, the Vice Chairman of the Federal Reserve Stanley Fischer reiterated on Friday his request for the actual implementation of Trump’s promise during campaign that he will provide an additional fiscal policy stimulus to the US economy.
Despite that it is election day for America, FED urges fiscal investments.
GAO suggested financial regulators to disclose more information on their crisis policy framework. While five large banks do not have enough plan to manage operation during crisis.
The New York Fed announced its new GDP tracking and forecasting tool, the FRBNY Nowcast. The tool will use near real-time data to update U.S. economic growth daily, as the Fed will release a report weekly using the tool and data.
Two other Fed presidents suggested the US central bank to raise interest rate. San Fransisco's John Williams said two or three rate hike in 2016 is reasonable. While Dallas' Rob Kaplan reminded to be patient.
Richmond and Kansas City Fed President supported to raise the interest rate during the meeting last March. While Philadelphia Fed President on Tuesday reitereated the hike delay is a prudent decision.
Dartmouth College Professor Andrew Levin, former advisor to Janet Yellen made a proposal to reform the Fed. He also suggest the Fed to be reviewed by GAO annually.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Elon Musk Mocks Canada's Justin Trudeau by Sharing Real Images of Him in 'Brownface,' Various Costumes He Credited to AI Tool
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg Seeks to Dismiss Personal Liability in Lawsuits Blaming Him for Kids' Social Media Addiction
- Change Healthcare Hit by Cyberattack: UnitedHealth Says Government-Backed Hackers Are Behind It
- US Judge Approves Binance $4.3 Billion Guilty Plea as Prosecutors Seek Changes to Founder Changpeng Zhao's Bond
- Donald Trump Requests to Extend 30-Day Period to Pay $355 Million Civil Fraud Fine as His Campaign Faces Financial Peril
- Nobel Peace Prize 2024: Elon Musk Nominated for Being a 'Stout Proponent of Free Speech,' and Allowing Ukraine to 'Communicate'
- Amazon Pays $1.9 Million to Over 700 Migrant Workers to Settle Human Rights Abuse Claims