The Biden administration may stall crucial pollution restrictions on cars, hurting EV development.
Cultural flaws, incompetence, and poor leadership at Cruise caused regulatory difficulties and cover-up suspicions after an October 2023 pedestrian accident.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk told investors a cheaper EV will be produced later this year.
Donors to the Central African Republic were to meet in Brussels on Thursday to discuss aid for the strife-ridden and poverty-stricken nation. Rights groups have called for funding for its Special Criminal Court.
GM is using its recycled water bottles to build an insulation part for its Chevrolet Equinox engine. The effort is a part of the company’s initiative to achieve zero waste.
Audi has made a special extended version based on its A8 L model. The 20-foot long, six seat luxury limousine is made according to a special request from an unknown European buyer.
Fiat Chrysler is announcing a 1,300 job cuts as a result of the company’s decision to focus on producing light trucks and SUVs. American automakers are reportedly struggling to make money on other car models, such as sedan recently.
The world’s first fully autonomous taxis might be hitting the streets of Singapore earlier than other cities. An MIT-supported startup is dedicated to develop a technology to achieve that, and is now seeking for approval for pilot program.
French government offered an old nuclear plant site for Tesla to build its electric car manufacturing facility. The plant site is shutting down and Tesla’s existence could help support local residents with jobs.
Tesla announced parts shortage as the factor that caused the company to miss its initial sales target for the first quarter of 2016. The company, however, retains its guideline for the full year as it already solved the root of the problem accordingly.
Volkswagen will start recalling 91,000 of its Passat 2012-2014 models in the U.S. over problems with the vehicle’s connector that could cause overheating and electrical short. The automaker is lately being clouded by scandals regarding emission and its vehicles.
CarDekho.com and CarBay.com's parent company Girnar Software has received a late-stage funding round led by Google Capital. The new fund will be allocated to further improve the company's car portals' technology as well as expanding services.
Car insurer Admiral’s chief has decided to award every employee in his company £1,000 before he retires in May. Admiral has been seeing constant growth since 2011 and is now valued £5 billion under Mr Engelhardt’s leadership.
App-based ride-hailing service Lyft announced its new initiative with GM, a car rental program called Express Drive. Aiming to grow its base of drivers, the new program will allow drivers to apply without owning a qualifying car but renting in instead.
Ford introduced a new technology that makes its police cars doors able to hold powerful rifles strikes. It was the first police cars doors to be passed by the Justice Department to provide level IV protection.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Requests to Extend 30-Day Period to Pay $355 Million Civil Fraud Fine as His Campaign Faces Financial Peril
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- US SEC Scraps Some of Its Most Ambitious Greenhouse Gas Emission Disclosure Requirements From Draft Climate Rules: Report
- Judge Junks Donald Trump Requests for 30-Day Extension to Pay $355 Million Civil Fraud Fine
- Reddit to Go Public After Submitting Its IPO Filing to Trade on NYSE Under the Ticker 'RDDT'
- Intuitive Machines Makes History After Its Odysseus Lander Becomes First Commercial Spacecraft to Land on Moon