Cerberus Capital Management LP is seeking more than $3 billion for its latest flagship private equity fund to invest in distressed assets such as non-performing loans and ailing companies that need to be restructured, people familiar with the matter said.
A major capital markets creditor of bankrupt San Bernardino, California, will oppose any exit plan that is more favorable to Calpers, California's public pension fund, a source familiar with the creditor's strategy said on Thursday.
Some of the world's largest pension funds and infrastructure investors are forming consortia to bid for the operator of an Indiana toll road that filed for bankruptcy last month, according to people familiar with the matter.
Bill Gross' abrupt departure from Pimco, the giant bond firm that he co-founded more than four decades ago, was preceded by months of clashes between the star investor and the firm's executive committee that got progressively worse, according to sources familiar with the situation.
The California Public Employees' Retirement System has asked a U.S. judge to reject a proposed settlement between Hewlett-Packard Co and shareholders over the computer maker's botched acquisition of Autonomy Plc.
Joseph Dear, the Chief Investment Officer of Calpers, the largest public pension plan in the US, has taken a medical leave to continue his personal health treatments, Bloomberg reported.
According to a report on The New York Times' The Dealbook, some of the largest public pension funds in the US were following the footsteps of activist investors like Carl Icahn, William Ackman and Daniel Loeb.
Calpers, a US $259 billion fund, delays the launching of its database that would make known information about their pensioners.
Calpers, the biggest U.S. public pension fund, will commit $500 million to a managed account overseen by Blackstone Group LP.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value