The US Department of Justice plans to investigate the new streaming venture between Walt Disney Co., Fox Corp., and Warner Bros. Discovery Inc. amid concerns of potential harm to consumers, media competitors, and sports leagues.
A federal judge has junked Disney's lawsuit against Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and his allies.
ValueAct and Blackwells back Disney in boardroom battle against activist Trian Fund Management's challenge.
The iconic "Steamboat Willie" version of Mickey Mouse is poised to enter the public domain in 2024, marking the end of a 95-year copyright period for Disney.
Elon Musk has called for the immediate ouster of Disney CEO Bob Iger.
Activist investor Nelson Peltz and his firm Trian Fund Management have reportedly launched a proxy fight with Disney as they aim to secure more than two seats on the board.
Disney is looking up at the stars on "Wish" to regain its theatrical success in the post-pandemic cinematic realm.
After much wait, Shanghai announces the opening date of its Disneyland. This huge theme park is said to have some of the finest attractions, including the largest princess-themed park. While it may have faced a lot of construction challenges over the years, this Disney resort seems to have emerged unscathed, albeit a little late.
Apple Inc is in talks with programmers to offer a slimmed-down bundle of TV networks this fall, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
The S&P 500 and Nasdaq ended lower on Wednesday, snapping a two-day rally as energy shares slid with oil prices and as investors' anxiety about the euro zone returned in the closing minutes of trading.
A bankruptcy court has allowed defunct video streaming company Aereo Inc to auction its TV streaming technology assets, according to court papers published on Friday.
Tax deals that entertainment firm Walt Disney Co, commodities group Koch Industries and others agreed with the Luxembourg authorities were revealed on Tuesday by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ).
U.S. broadcasting companies CBS Corp and Dish Network Corp reached a multiyear deal on Saturday with CBS agreeing to continue to deliver its programs to Dish's 14 million subscribers.
Merger talks between Hasbro Inc and DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc formally ended on Monday morning, when the toy company's board voted to walk away, according to a person with knowledge of the board's actions.
Walt Disney Co's (DIS.N) board extended Chairman and Chief Executive Bob Iger's contract through June 2018, keeping him at the helm of the media and theme park company two years longer than he previously planned.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- James Biden, Joe Biden's Brother, Contradicts Himself at Impeachment Hearing on President’s Involvement in Family Business: GOP
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
- Donald Trump's Social Media Deal Greenlighted by SEC — And It Could Make Him a Fortune
- Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos Completes Selling Up to 50 Million Shares, Netting $8.5 Billion