U.S. broadcast regulators have fined Viacom Inc and ESPN $1.4 million "for misusing the emergency alert system" warning tones in a movie promotion in 2013, the Federal Communications Commission said on Tuesday.
Following its USD4.6 billion purchase of Lucasfilm in 2012, Walt Disney Co. has secured marketing and distribution rights over future Indiana Jones installments under an agreement with Paramount Pictures.
A memo obtained by Reuters revealed Paramount would be laying off 5% of its workers.
A source said Sony Corp reached a preliminary agreement with Viacom Inc. for television streaming services.
Viacom doubled up its stock buyback program to US$20 billion which resulted in a surge in the company's shares.
Walt Disney Co buys the right for four Viacom owned Marvel movies
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value