Google grants UNICEF a total of $1.5 million in its battle with Zika virus which has been declared an epidemic by WHO last month. The virus has been linked with microcephaly and neurological illness called Guillain-Barre syndrome. UNICEF and the tech giant will collaborate to map and anticipate the spread of the virus.
WeChat announced Wednesday its new fitness channel called WeRun, which is a step counter app. WeChat is China's most popular messaging app that has more than 600 million users. The WeRun is not the first time WeChat moved into fitness. Tencent, WeChat's parent company, launched the WeChat Sports in February.
International donors pledged $7.5 billion on Tuesday to immunize 300 million children in poor countries against deadly diseases such as diarrhea and pneumonia.
California, US-based education center and accelerator Singularity Universtity (SU) will launch a $50-million venture fund later this year for robotics, biotech, and nanotech firms formedy by SU students and faculty.
Venture capitalist Jamie McCourt gave a $25,000 grant to UNICEF to support this year's UNICEF Ball fund campaign. McCourt, who owns Jamie Enterprises, gave the grant late last month.
New York-based online auction site CharityBuzz has raised USD100 million in funding for good causes such as UNICEF, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, by auctioning off time and possessions of famous people.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- Hawaii Becomes the 4th State to Have Federally Funded EV Charging Station — And It's on Maui
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- IBM Seeks Volunteers for Layoffs, Targeting 80% Reduction in Worldwide Staff
- IRS Reveals How Quickly You Can Receive The Child Tax Credit Upon Approval
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- OpenAI Executives Say Elon Musk's Lawsuit Stems From His 'Regrets’ That He’s No Longer Part of the Company