With an objective of not giving any such scope for price escalation as Martin Shkreli did for Daraprim generic drug, US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) has turned very cautious on approvals to generic drugs. US FDA is now reviewing new applications for generic drugs, while ensuring no such lapses of price escalation.
Martin Shkreli is looking for new lawyers to help him fight securities fraud charges. The request has been filed by his current lawyers to the Judge Kiyo Matsumoto. The lawyers also asked to delay a status conference set for Wednesday.
Last December, Martin Shkreli, who was arrested for securities fraud in pharmaceutical company was released on bail. Court document shows his $5 million security bond was secured with $45 million E-Trade account.
Turing Pharmaceuticals said that it won't cut the list price of the drug. However, it will negotiate discount price with hospital. Last September, Turing Pharmaceuticals raised the price of live-saving drugs, Daraprim by more than fifty times.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value