Global stocks remained upbeat on Wednesday as a $70 billion mega-deal in the European oil and gas sector stoked the merger and acquisition fever that has gripped investors this week.
FedEx Corp (FDX.N) is seeking to buy Dutch package delivery firm TNT Express for an agreed 4.4 billion euros ($4.8 billion), aiming to succeed where United Parcel Service (UPS.N) failed two years ago when its bid was blocked by competition regulators.
Bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals involving European, U.S., Canadian and Asian companies.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Melania Trump Spends Time in White House Negotiating Prenup With Former President Donald Trump
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- North Korea Continues to Secretly Send Vast Amounts of Artillery Shells to Russia for War, South Korea Says
- Willy Wonka-Inspired Event in Glasgow Ends With Visitors Calling Police as They Believe They Got Scammed
- Elon Musk Mocks Canada's Justin Trudeau by Sharing Real Images of Him in 'Brownface,' Various Costumes, Then Credited Them to AI Tool
- Elon Musk's The Boring Company Faces Scrutiny Over Worker Safety Violations: Report
- Microsoft and FWD Group Extends Collaboration To Achieve AI-Powered Insurance Industry
- Oil Prices Continue to Fall as Dollar Strengthens, Inflation Fears Grow