Liberty Media Asks Teams To Help Fund $4.4 Billion F1 Takeover
Chicago Mercantile Exchange is the latest bourse that has shown interest in acquiring London Stock Exchange (LSE). Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) has already announced its intention to bid for London Stock Exchange. The merger talks on £20-billion merger plan between Deutsche Boerse and London Stock Exchange are in progress.
Previously, the company has also purchased German's KraussMaffei Group. Also, Chinese companies investment overseas is growing.
It could take the French competition authority nine months to evaluate the possible takeover of Vivendi's SFR by Bouygues or Numericable for antitrust issues, Reuters reported.
AT&T Inc said it will no longer have any plans to make an offer for Vodafone Group Plc, preventing it from making a takeover bid in the next six months, Bloomberg reported.
The Luxembourg-based General Court declared on Wednesday that Cisco's antitrust concerns regarding Microsoft Corp's takeover of the largest Internet video and voice messaging provider Skype was unfounded.
An unnamed source told Reuters that drugmaker Adcock Ingram's largest shareholder Public Investment Corporation will not be putting up its 19% ownership stake for sale as the offer extended by potential buyer Bidvest undervalued its holding.
Both Archer-Daniels-Midland Co. and GrainCorp Ltd expressed their disappointment over the ruling of Australian Treasurer Joe Hockey regarding the US corn processor's takeover of one of the largest crop handlers in Australia.
Dexus Property Group said it will not accept the the AUD 1.27 a share offer from the GPT Group for the Commonwealth Property Office Fund of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
Nokia shareholders were expected to approve the sale of its beleaguered handset business to Microsoft Corp. for EUR5.44 billion. The takeover would boost Nokia's cash position to EUR8 billion.
Potential investors would be having difficulty acquiring a majority ownership stake in beverage company Yeo Hiap Seng Ltd due to the Ng family, who had a controlling interest in Yeo's via Far East Organization.
Terms of Frutarom Industries' definitive agreement to acquire Protein Technologies Ingredients (PTI) included an option to acquire the remaining 25% interest from minority shareholders in the next three years.
An analyst on the US stock analysis market website SeekingAlpha.com said smaller, regional banks like First Defiance Financial for example, could be attractive takeovers targets.
Globe Telecom Inc legal counsel Froilan Castelo said his company did not violate anti-competition laws about the firm's acquisition of smaller rival Bayan Telecommunications Inc.
Canadian dairy company Saputo Inc was one step ahead of clinching the win to take over Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory Co Holdings Ltd, when the former's revised bid received the recommendation of the latter's board of directors.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- Hawaii Becomes the 4th State to Have Federally Funded EV Charging Station — And It's on Maui
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- IBM Seeks Volunteers for Layoffs, Targeting 80% Reduction in Worldwide Staff
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- LockBit Hackers Set a Ransom Deadline to Release Donald Trump Documents From Georgia Case
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh