Bill Ackman made nearly nearly $170 million in one day in a Valeant two-day rally. His comment on Valeant Pharmaceutical showed his capability as a remarkable hedge fund manager.
Pallonji Shapoorji Mistry was said to have earned $2.8 billion last year because of its holdings in Tata Consultancy Services Ltd and significant earnings in his construction group, Shapoorji Pallonji Group.
Majority of the stocks in Gulf markets recorded impressive gains this year, proving that the region has been recovering from the effects of the worldwide financial crisis in 2008 and 2009, Arabian Business said in its report.
A column written by money manager and former professional market strategist Barry Ritholtz challenges the definition of bubble and the misconceptions of its use in specific stocks that had experienced sharp surges in the financial markets.
Investors showed support in nutrition company Herbalife International on the stock exchange on Friday despite another attack from activist investor Bill Ackman of hedge fund Pershing Square Capital Management.
Equity investors were seeing fewer options to place their bets on the market as the stock rally had driven up company valuations, said a Bloomberg report.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- Oil Prices Continue to Fall as Dollar Strengthens, Inflation Fears Grow
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- AT&T Offers Credit to Customers Affected by Network Outage
- Red Sea Attacks by Houthi Rebels Affect Most UK Exporters, Survey Shows
- Build Club Founder Annie Liao Is Among Those Australians Who Quit Their Jobs to Chase the $1.8 Trillion AI Sector
- Paramount Studios Possibly Put Under Credit Rating Downgrade Amid Cash Flow Challenges
- Change Healthcare Hit by Cyberattack: UnitedHealth Says Government-Backed Hackers Are Behind It