Coca-Cola Co's decision to split its bottling division and franchising unit had elicited mixed reactions from analysts and the financial markets. Coca-Cola Co reasoned that it intends to go back to its traditional franchising model after the separation has been completed.
US operator of shopping malls Simon Property Group announced its proposed spin-off of its cluster portfolio of its strip centers and malls as a REIT on Friday.
Vincent Bollore will be elected as the new Chairman of the Paris, France-based company Vivendi SA after the spin-off of its telecommunications business will be finalized.
Although it has plans to spin off its power plants, Canadian Solar Inc otherwise had a best-performing third quarter after incurring losses successively in its last eight quarters.
In a tax free spin off, DuPont would be able to spend just USD0.01 to USD0.02 per share.
Ardian is the new entity formed when AXA Private Equity spun off from AXA Group.
In a move to provide a tax gain as well as capital gain, AXA spins off AXA PE, ceding majority control to an employee ownership group.
The fleet of Noble Corp would be separated between shallow water and deep water drill rigging equipment.
In what is called a 'tax efficient spin off', National Oilwell would be letting its distribution business stand alone.
Agilent Technologies announced a spinoff plan that would create two separate public companies.
The second largest oil producer in Qatar, Occidental Petroleum Corp, is offering a minority share in its Middle Eastern operations.
According to a Bloomberg report, Vivendi SA would be moving closer to a spin off of its telecommunication and media assets, with investor Vincent Bollore appointed as new deputy chairman.
Private equity firms Headway Capital Partners and Committed Advisors issued a statement that they would be backing the spin-off of Loudwater Trust's portfolio.
According to a Bloomberg report, shareholder pressure would most likely influence the incoming CEO of Microsoft to take drastic measures to increase shareholder value and possibly spin off the XBox video game division.
Tribune Co plans to dismiss its newspapers from the firm’s TV business, marking the end of news broadcasting and publishing collaboration.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Elon Musk's Neuralink Raises Another $43 Million as It Gears up for Human Trials
- Mark Cuban to Sell Majority Stake of Dallas Mavericks to Sands Casino Family for $3.5 Billion
- Personal Finance 101: Types of Personal Bank Accounts
- Amazon Introduces an AI Chatbot for Businessess Called Q
- Joe Biden Slams Corporations Over Soaring Consumer Prices, Says 'It’s Time to Stop the Price-Gouging'
- Goldman Sachs Identifies 2 Healthcare Stocks With up to 130% Upside Potential
- US Chip Export Ban Is Taking a Toll on Chinese AI Startups
- Wall Street Experts Reveal Best Long-Term Investment Stocks to Buy