Sharp Corp board has gathered today to weigh the bidding offers. The competition is between the Taiwanese electronics giant, Foxconn and the Japanese government-backed establishment, Innovation Network Corporation of Japan. While ICNJ has always been the favoured choice, Foxconn is giving it a stiff competition by way of doubling the offered price along with debt pay-offs and retention of management and employees.
Japan's Sharp Corp (6753.T) is considering using capital to reduce accumulated losses on its book, an accounting maneuver that would allow the loss-making electronics maker to resume dividend payment earlier, a source said on Saturday.
Sharp Corp is cutting more than 10 percent of its Japanese workforce starting in April, according to a Nikkei report. The embattled electronics manufacturer will slash about 3,000 jobs through voluntary retirements and expects to book about 30 billion yen
Japan Display Inc (6740.T) is considering building a plant to supply smartphone screens for Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and is negotiating with the U.S. company for investment in the project, a person familiar with the situation said on Friday.
Japan's Sharp Corp (6753.T) is set to sell its U.S.-based solar energy development unit Recurrent Energy to Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ.O) for about 30 billion yen ($247 million), the Nikkei business daily said on Sunday.
Sony's Xperia A outsold Samsung's Galaxy S4, which led to DoCoMo's decision to exclude Samsung in its promotional line-up for the forthcoming winter.
Sources said DoCoMo would select from the smartphone models of Fujitsu, Sharp and Sony for the company's major winter product lineup.
The US$2.25 trillion hedge fund industry continued to be hit by June sell-off because of Fed Chairman's remarks.
Sharp has received the remaining $60 million of Qualcomm's investment, making the latter the third largest investor in the company.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value