Even as Wal-Mart Stores Inc showed unusual openness to outsiders' complaints by taking steps including raising wages, it has been trying to slam the door on a shareholder proposal that could weaken the founding Walton family's power over its board.
The U.S. Federal Reserve said on Thursday it would assume wider corporate bond spreads and a higher oil price in the most strenuous scenario it will use in next year's run of its annual check of banks' health.
T. Rowe Price, the second largest shareholder in Allergan Inc (AGN.N), said on Friday that it wants the company to hold off on making major moves before a Dec. 18 special shareholder meeting, and criticized the board on its corporate governance.
Japan's SoftBank Corp said it expected a gain of about 500 billion yen ($4.6 billion) from Alibaba Group Holding's share listing in New York, where the Chinese e-commerce leader surged 38 percent on its first day of trade.
CtW Investment Group urges recomputation of compensations and urged the opposition to compensation committee.
French billionaire Vincent Bollore is Vivendi's largest shareholder and is not seeking a paying position in the French conglomerate.
Wison Engineering Services Co. Ltd, is cooperating with Chinese authorities investigating the corruption allegedly committed by the current state assets regulator during his tenure as PetroChina head.
Dell Inc, third-largest personal-computer maker, may postpone shareholder’s vote regarding the buyout by its founder.
Fraser & Neave Ltd considers the separation of its property business from its other businesses.
Elan CEO Kelly Martin's future employment with the upcoming shareholder vote.
LDK transfers more shares under a purchase agreement with Fulai.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- James Biden, Joe Biden's Brother, Contradicts Himself at Impeachment Hearing on President’s Involvement in Family Business: GOP
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
- Donald Trump's Social Media Deal Greenlighted by SEC — And It Could Make Him a Fortune
- Salt Bae Restaurant Cuts Down Energy Expenses Despite Selling Overpriced Steaks