UK's financial chiefs are concerned about impact of Brexit, postponing their key decisions on hiring and investments. The British industry and business segments are in wait and watch mode until referendum on Brexit in June 2016.
Brexit is expected to impact Britain's economy in a more negative way. If UK gets out of European Union (EU), it would generate $700 million (GBP 500million) gas and power bills additionally per annum. Energy Secretary Amber Rudd has cautioned that Britain's energy security at risk in the wake of Brexit.
Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne face a hurdle in fulfilling his last year's ambition. In to eliminate budget deficit. Brexit issue and economic slowdown has decimated his plan.
Asian shares fell back from a seven-week high on Tuesday as oil prices fell more than 2 percent. The sudden drop happened after the Asia-Pacific indices rose to its highest level since the beginning of the year, after seeing the rise in oil prices before reversing back.
Greece is set for elections on 20 September this year. Judge Vassiliki Thanou is the care taker Prime Minister till the new government is formed. Thanou was sworn in on last Friday and became the first female Prime Minister for Greece.
Greece's Prime Minister, Alexis Tsipras, resigned recently, triggering a snap election on September. This is just in time as the country is about to tap it new 86 billion bailout package.
Greeks woke up to shuttered banks, closed cash machines and a climate of rumors and conspiracy theories on Monday as a breakdown in talks between Athens and its creditors plunged the country deep into crisis.
Greece's euro zone membership is a given and does form part of negotiations with the country's lenders, the finance ministry said on Sunday.
The British pound rose sharply after the Scottish independence vote indicated Scotland would remain in the United Kingdom, while Wall Street's overnight gains and Alibaba Group's red-hot initial public offering underpinned Asian shares.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value