Britain fashion icon Sir Paul Smith revamped his company after annual profits plunged 50 percent into the lowest levels since its 40-year existence. This Is Money reported that Smith said his fashion empire needs a "kick up the backside." He said been streamlining the brand's clothing ranges, shut down to stores, and made some managers redundant. The company's pre-tax income went down £9.7million this year ending June, a decrease from last year's £20.7million.
Ralph Lauren clothing store in Fifth Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, New York is now equipped with smart dressing room. The dressing room designed by Oak, a tech startup company to enhance customer experience.
Founder Ralph Lauren quit the position as the CEO of the Ralph Lauren Corporation. He will be replaced by Stefan Larsson in November. After five decades, the fashion industry veteran, Ralph Lauren steps down as the company's CEO. Mr. Lauren appoints Stefan Larsson to take over the position. All the same, the legendary designer will still lead Ralph Lauren Corporation as an executive chairman and chief creative officer, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- James Biden, Joe Biden's Brother, Contradicts Himself at Impeachment Hearing on President’s Involvement in Family Business: GOP
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
- Donald Trump's Social Media Deal Greenlighted by SEC — And It Could Make Him a Fortune
- Salt Bae Restaurant Cuts Down Energy Expenses Despite Selling Overpriced Steaks