Tesla and Panasonic join hands for a Solar City deal.
Tesla reported loss in the fourth quarter of 2015 on Wednesday. The carmaker said it lost $114 million on an adjusted basis, but its share increased in after hours trading.
Panasonic showed off its adjustable, transparent LCD screen at the CES 2016 that becomes invisible when turned off or not in use.
After exiting the smartphone business in 2005, Japanese electronics major Panasonic is making a comeback in this segment and has prepared business plans to bolster sales volume for reaching the target of $2-billion revenues in next three years.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA.O) shares rose more than 7 percent in after-hours trading on Wednesday after the electric-car maker beat analysts' expectations for third-quarter results.
Panasonic Corp plans to sell its Sanyo television unit in the U.S., which supplies sets to Wal-Mart Stores, to Funai Electric as it steps back from unprofitable businesses, the Nihon Keizai newspaper reported.
Panasonic Corp's (6752.T) initial investment in Tesla Motors Inc's (TSLA.O) battery factory will amount to "tens of billions" of yen, the Japanese company's chief executive said on Tuesday.
Media reports said US private equity firm KKR was considering an alliance with a Japanese government-backed investment fund for its bid of the healthcare unit of Panasonic.
KKR contemplating partnership with INCJ for the purchase of Panasonic's healthcare unit.
Sources told Reuters that KKR would be favored by Panasonic to acquire a majority stake in its healthcare business.
Panasonic President announced the firm's withdrawal from the Japanese smartphone market as well as the reduction of its smartphone operations.
Japanese consumer electronics company Panasonic announced acquisition of stake at Gorenje, one of the largest household appliance makers in Eastern Europe.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value