Referring to a call for modernization, the Finance Minister of Ontario revealed on Tuesday the government’s plan to overhaul some of the financial regulatory bodies in the province to create a new watchdog with its center of attention on consumers.
Ontario government is overhauling with some of the financial regulatory bodies.
The Trendlines Group Ltd. ("Trendlines" or the "Company") has filed a final prospectus with the securities regulatory authorities in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Nova Scotia in connection with the initial public offering (the "Offering") of its ordinary shares. A copy of the final prospectus is available on the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com.
Ontario, Canada-based social reading community Wattpad pocketed $48 million in its Series C funding from its existing investors to expand its workforce and develop its product.
Ontario, Canada-based non-profit research organiztion Centre for Research and Innovation in the Bio-Economy (CRIBE) invested C$1.5 million to increase the annual capacity of renewable liquid fuels producer Ensyn Technologies from 3 million liters to 13 million liters.
Councillors of the city of Kitchener in Ontario, Canada have agreed to shell out $1 million for the next five years to help owners of underused spaces turn their properties into a new landing pad fro startups just out from incubators.
Andrew Bocking, the Executive Vice President of BBM, exited Ontario, Canada-based smartphone and enterprise software maker BlackBerry, with the said division to be folded into Global Enterprise Solutions under the leadership of John Sims.
Andrew Horsman, the principal of Canada-based green technology firm CleanTech Capital Inc resigned and is exiting his stake after the investment was reported by the Star, to avoid conflict of interest with his position as the head of the tire recycling programs in Ontario.
Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne has unveiled a new public-private venture capital fund known as Northleaf Venture Catalyst Fund for the province's tech sector, CBCNews reported.
Canadian Solar Solutions Inc, a unit of Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ), has concluded the sale of Mississippi Mills solar power plant in Ontario, Canada for over $57.4 million (C$61 million).
Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust, Quebec's biggest commercial property owner and manager, has bought Montenach Mall in the Beloeil suburb for $60 million. The said mall has an area of 328,050 sq. ft. and is 93.2% rented.
Mike Lazaridis, co-founder of Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry, has sold 3.5 million shares in the troubled company for $26 million, according to documents filed with US regulators.
Claude Resources has agreed to sell its Madsen Gold Project to Laurentian Goldfields for about C$9 million in cash. Claude will also receive shares representing 19.9% shares outstanding in Laurentian as part of the deal.
Sources told the Wall Street Journal that BlackBerry's executive vice president of global sales and official in charge of its mergers and acquisitions strategy will be departing the struggling smartphone maker in weeks.
According to Ford Americas President Joe Hinrich, this investment would expand their Oakville plant near Toronto, Canada.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- LockBit Hackers Set a Ransom Deadline to Release Donald Trump Documents From Georgia Case
- Willy Wonka-Inspired Event in Glasgow Ends With Visitors Calling Police as They Believe They Got Scammed
- North Korea Continues to Secretly Send Vast Amounts of Artillery Shells to Russia for War, South Korea Says
- Donald Trump, Unable to Pay Full $454 Million Bond Amount, Offers to Post $100 Million in Civil Fraud Case But Appellate Judge Denies It
- Melania Trump Spends Time in White House Negotiating Prenup With Former President Donald Trump