Imperial Oil has entered into an agreement to sell its 497 Esso retail fuel stations for about C$2.8 billion. This transaction reflects the company's aim to widen its refining and oil sands businesses.
Nigerian investment flow in the previous three years has declined as a result of economic slowdown in the country. Investors lost their confidence in Nigerian economy citing global oil slump.
The economy in Alberta will continue to shrink for the next two years amid weak crude prices globally. The province's shortfall in 2017 -2017 is anticipated to outstrip the October outlook by almost $5 billion.
Mexico is currently aiming to increase its fuel imports in order to attract investment as well as to bring down the fuel prices for buyers. This energy reform activity will boost the competition among private oil firms in Mexico.
Berkshire Hathaway made a significant investment in the energy firm Kinder Morgan during the final three-month period of 2015. This investment activity highlights Berkshire's increasing bet on the oil sector.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- Oil Prices Continue to Fall as Dollar Strengthens, Inflation Fears Grow
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- AT&T Offers Credit to Customers Affected by Network Outage
- Red Sea Attacks by Houthi Rebels Affect Most UK Exporters, Survey Shows
- Build Club Founder Annie Liao Is Among Those Australians Who Quit Their Jobs to Chase the $1.8 Trillion AI Sector
- Paramount Studios Possibly Put Under Credit Rating Downgrade Amid Cash Flow Challenges
- Change Healthcare Hit by Cyberattack: UnitedHealth Says Government-Backed Hackers Are Behind It