The supermarket giant, Woolworths has finally announced its decision to wrap up its home improvement project, Masters. After incurring heavy losses for almost four years, chairman Gordon Cairns has decided on selling or shutting down the operations. For this, the company his approached its joint venture partner, Lowe's, to buy out its 33.3% stake in Masters., but it may take several months to sort out the exit options.
- South Korea Exploring Potential Sanctions for Businesses That Fail to Meet Shareholder Return Goals
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh
- Starbucks to Restart Contract Talks With Workers United Union After 2-Year Impasse
Despite a disappointing Thanksgiving weekend, U.S. holiday sales may squeak by expectations if steeper and longer-running discounts lure enough shoppers.
California, US-based education center and accelerator Singularity Universtity (SU) will launch a $50-million venture fund later this year for robotics, biotech, and nanotech firms formedy by SU students and faculty.
Orchard Supply Hardware Stores Corp filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to proceed with the sale of the company's major assets to Lowe's Companies priced at US$205 billion.
Lowe's announced that it has entered into an agreement of purchasing Orchard Supply Hardware for US$205 million plus assumption of debt.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Melania Trump Spends Time in White House Negotiating Prenup With Former President Donald Trump
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- Willy Wonka-Inspired Event in Glasgow Ends With Visitors Calling Police as They Believe They Got Scammed
- Elon Musk Mocks Canada's Justin Trudeau by Sharing Real Images of Him in 'Brownface,' Various Costumes, Then Credited Them to AI Tool
- North Korea Continues to Secretly Send Vast Amounts of Artillery Shells to Russia for War, South Korea Says
- Elon Musk's The Boring Company Faces Scrutiny Over Worker Safety Violations: Report
- Microsoft and FWD Group Extends Collaboration To Achieve AI-Powered Insurance Industry
- Oil Prices Continue to Fall as Dollar Strengthens, Inflation Fears Grow