Because Japan's central bank absorbs JPY7 trillion worth of debt, primary dealers of Japanese government bonds are not concerned over plans of Government Pension Investment Fund to reduce its government debt holding.
William Littlewood, the hedge fund manager of Artemis Strategic Assets Fund, has taken a short position on Japanese government bonds, according to a column written by Mark Dampier on The Independent.
Japanese government bonds decreased after the announced reduction in the US Federal Reserve bond buying stimulus that will occur soon.
Bank of Japan bought US$9.5 billion Japanese government bonds.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Elon Musk Gets Confronted by NATO Ally Leader on Claim About the Military Alliance, Fact-Checked by His Own Platform
- OpenAI Executives Say Elon Musk's Lawsuit Stems From His 'Regrets’ That He’s No Longer Part of the Company
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- IRS Reveals How Quickly You Can Receive The Child Tax Credit Upon Approval
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- Donald Trump Latest Gaffe: Ex-President Confuses Barack Obama for Joe Biden Again, Fueling Age Concerns
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh