HIV Research Breakthroughs 2016: How Close We've Come To A Cure, And Better Treatments.
Researchers and scientists of Israel had already found a cure against HIV and AIDS through Gammora.
South Africa will spend 10 billion rand ($860 million) between 2015 and 2017 on life-prolonging HIV/AIDS treatment drugs, health authorities said on Wednesday, as studies show the prevalence of the virus is rising.
U.S. drugmaker AbbVie has added two HIV medicines for children to a shared patent pool in an initiative that should speed the development of cheap new pediatric formulations for use in poor countries.
When a guesthouse belonging to one of Nigeria's leading Christian pastors collapsed last month, killing 115 mostly South African pilgrims, attention focused on the multimillion-dollar "megachurches" that form a huge, untaxed sector of Africa's top economy.
Oregon researchers developing a vaccine that has shown promise in preventing HIV infection in primates said on Wednesday they have been awarded a $25 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Novira Therapeutics Inc. has secured $23 million in Series A financing.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Elon Musk Gets Confronted by NATO Ally Leader on Claim About the Military Alliance, Fact-Checked by His Own Platform
- OpenAI Executives Say Elon Musk's Lawsuit Stems From His 'Regrets’ That He’s No Longer Part of the Company
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- IRS Reveals How Quickly You Can Receive The Child Tax Credit Upon Approval
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- Donald Trump Latest Gaffe: Ex-President Confuses Barack Obama for Joe Biden Again, Fueling Age Concerns
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh