Guinness Nigeria, the country's second-biggest brewer is seeing a prolonged decline in sales and shares. The failing of the beer industry is part of a bigger national economic slowdown, whereas Nigeria, Africa's largest economy, seek out for loan to cover budget deficits.
Dutch brewer Heineken HEIN.AS said on Sunday it was approached by larger rival SABMiller SAB.L about a potential takeover but that its controlling shareholder intended to keep the company independent.
Dutch brewer Heineken (HEIN.AS) has agreed to sell its Mexican packaging business Empaque to Crown (CCK.N) for $1.23 billion including debt, shedding a non-core business it acquired when entering the Mexican market in 2010.
Singapore's DDB Group Asia Pacific acquires 22feet to help develop India's digital marketing solutions sector
Singapore-based business consortium DDB Group Asia Pacific acquired Bangalore, India-based digital marketing firm 22feet for an undisclosed amount in a bid to be the leader in the development of India's digital marketing solutions industry.
Beer makers Heineken and Carlsberg said they would be looking to Asia and their new product offerings to meet their forecasted earnings this year.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value