Apple Inc (AAPL.O) said on Thursday it is studying options for sapphire supply and might work again with GT Advanced Technologies Inc (GTATQ.PK) if the distressed supplier can reduce production costs for the scratch-resistant material.
GT Advanced Technologies Inc (GTAT.O) said it will cut 890 jobs, close an Arizona plant expected to make scratch-resistant screens for Apple Inc (AAPL.O), and suggested it could pursue legal claims against the iPhone maker while revamping under bankruptcy.
The financial implosion of Apple Inc (AAPL.O) supplier GT Advanced Technologies Inc this week offers a dramatic illustration of how the iPhone maker can put the screws to suppliers willing to take a short-term risk for future riches.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Reacts to Vladimir Putin's Comments That He Prefers Joe Biden Over Him in the White House
- Russia's Vladimir Putin Says Russian Scientists Are Close to Creating Cancer Vaccines
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
- Salt Bae Restaurant Cuts Down Energy Expenses Despite Selling Overpriced Steaks
- Microsoft Catches Hackers From Russia, China, North Korea, Iran Using OpenAI Tools to Improve Their Cyberattacks
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Avoids Taiwan for Foxconn's 50th; COO Attends Instead