Airport ride-hailing service Wingz closed its Series B funding with $11 million on Monday. Expedia led the funding with participants from ltimeter Capital and Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce.com.
AirBNB is a platform on which people all around the world can rent out spaces of their choices. But now actual hotels are also seen on AirBNB, renting rooms.
Austin-based HomeAway reportedly started off its search for a potential suitor nearly three years ago. But now, the travel booking site Expedia wants to buy the short-term rental marketplace HomeAway for $3.9 billion to boost its presence in the vacation rental market.
The U.S. airline industry expressed concerns on Friday about the tentative merger of Expedia Inc (EXPE.O) and Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW.N), saying it could hurt the travel business, but hinted it would not lobby actively against the deal.
Nasdaq OMX Group announced late Friday the results of its annual re-ranking of the Nasdaq 100 index, which will cause a reshuffling of several constituents.
Europe's antitrust chief will meet Google's critics in the coming weeks in an effort to resolve issues in a four-year investigation which has stirred up politicians and lawmakers on both sides of the Atlantic.
Bitcoin is catching on at U.S. online merchants including Overstock.com and Expedia, as customers use a digital currency that just a few years ago was virtually unknown but is now showing some staying power.
A U.S. consumer lawsuit accusing Google of monopolizing prime real estate on Android smartphones will help mobile rivals like Microsoft make their antitrust case with European regulators should damaging secrets emerge in court.
London, UK-based healthcare appointment platform Zesty bagged an additional $2 million in its seed funding round from TA Ventures and ABRT Fund to expand its services beyond London.
San Francisco, US-based digital marketing tool developer Kenshoo secured $20 million in a funding round led by Bain Capital Ventures to launch its predictive media optimization platform.
London, UK-based hotel metasearch Top10.com raised $8 million in a Series B financing round led by Balderton Capital to fuel its expansion into Europe and its plans to beef up its workforce.
San Francisco, US-based sales communication platform ClearSlide landed $50 million in a Series C funding round led by Social+Capital Partnership to provide a service that boosts productivity of salespeople.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- Hawaii Becomes the 4th State to Have Federally Funded EV Charging Station — And It's on Maui
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- IBM Seeks Volunteers for Layoffs, Targeting 80% Reduction in Worldwide Staff
- IRS Reveals How Quickly You Can Receive The Child Tax Credit Upon Approval
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- OpenAI Executives Say Elon Musk's Lawsuit Stems From His 'Regrets’ That He’s No Longer Part of the Company