Russian ruble is decreasing and hits all-time record low against dollar last week. Starting this week, the currency started its way to recover and reach 10- day high.
With Russia's economy battered by economic sanctions and plunging oil prices, President Vladimir Putin has allowed the central bank to administer strong medicine, sharply raising interest rates even as it freed the rouble to float.
The Russian people are behaving "entirely reasonably" in their response to the falling rouble, central bank governor Elvira Nabiullina said in a television interview broadcast on Saturday.
Investbank, Smolenksy and Project Finance Bank had been stripped off of their operating licenses due to dubious activity and payment issues with creditors and depositors, the Russian central bank said in separate statements on Friday.
The shutdown of Russian bank Master Bank was the central bank's most high-profile move yet under the leadership of Russia's first female governor Elvira Nabiullina.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value