LinkedIn on Thursday reported its fourth quarter earnings in 2015. The number is better than analyst expectation, but its stock dropped to 30% because of weaker earnings guidance that analyst forecasted.
The US wireless major Sprint backed bonds tumbled in the market following the downgrade by Moody's, which sees increasing burden of debt maturities, brutal competitions and lack of operational stability for the third largest US wireless company.
The encouraging rise in revenues and further growth potential have helped industrial equipment hire group Ashtead to top the FTSE-100 stocks in terms of price rise in the market.
French telecommunications group Altice SA said it agreed to buy Suddenlink Communications in a deal valuing the company at $9.1 billion to enter the fast-growing U.S. cable sector.
Brazilian telecom group Oi SA (OIBR3.SA) is reconsidering the sale of its African assets as relations improve with an estranged partner, Chief Executive Bayard Gontijo said on Monday.
Germany's Osram (OSRn.DE) plans to transfer its 2 billion euro ($2.5 billion) general lamps business into an independent legal structure, paving the way for a possible spin-off or sale and allowing it to focus on automotive lighting and components.
Personal care and cosmetics companies Henkel & Co KGaA AG, Revlon Inc and Coty Inc are preparing bids for parts of Procter & Gamble Co's beauty business, according to sources.
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise Ltd, an aircraft leasing and maintenance company controlled by the government of Dubai, is looking to sell its aviation services unit, StandardAero, for more than $1.8 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
Hong Kong's Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Ltd, backed by Li Ka-shing, Asia's richest man, has bought Britain's Eversholt Rail for an enterprise value of 2.5 billion pounds ($3.8 billion), the latest in a string of Asian buyers targeting European assets.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) (FCAU.N) said on Wednesday it will spin off its luxury sports car maker Ferrari and list the shares as part of a bigger scheme which includes a $2.5 billion convertible bond issue to help fund its ambitious business plan.
Spanish builder and services company FCC (FCC.MC) said on Sunday its board had approved a well-flagged capital increase of 1 billion euros ($1.3 billion) which it will use to pay down debt.
Drugs and chemicals maker Merck KGaA (MRCG.DE) said it agreed to acquire Sigma-Aldrich (SIAL.O) for $17 billion in cash to boost its Merck Millipore lab supplies business in the biggest takeover in the German group's history, lifting its shares.
US operator of shopping malls Simon Property Group announced its proposed spin-off of its cluster portfolio of its strip centers and malls as a REIT on Friday.
The USD4.2 billion purchase by Shire Plc of ViroPharma Inc is the highest purchase on EBITDA rates for a biotechnology firm in history, as the price is 58 times EBITDA.
The earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization for Orange SA declined as both sales revenues and share prices also declined.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- Hawaii Becomes the 4th State to Have Federally Funded EV Charging Station — And It's on Maui
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- IBM Seeks Volunteers for Layoffs, Targeting 80% Reduction in Worldwide Staff
- IRS Reveals How Quickly You Can Receive The Child Tax Credit Upon Approval
- OpenAI Executives Say Elon Musk's Lawsuit Stems From His 'Regrets’ That He’s No Longer Part of the Company
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings