Fiat Chrysler is announcing a 1,300 job cuts as a result of the company’s decision to focus on producing light trucks and SUVs. American automakers are reportedly struggling to make money on other car models, such as sedan recently.
General Motors is moving forward to compete in the autonomous car markets. The giant automaker has acquired a driverless cars software maker, Cruise Automation, for reportedly more than $1 billion.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah
- Despite AI Hype, New Data Shows Only Few US Companies Are Actually Using It
- Apple and Paramount Streaming Bundle Report Spurs Rise in Media Stocks
- Shein Files for US IPO as Chinese-Founded Fashion Giant Seeks to Expand Global Reach
- Amazon Introduces an AI Chatbot for Businessess Called Q
- Germany's Unemployment Rate Rises to Highest Since 2021
- Denmark Set to Remove 1,000 Crown Banknote From Circulation
- US to Prevent China From Supplying Battery Materials for EVs Set to Receive Billions in Tax Credits