How Takata Corp. handled their air bag crisis is the very reason why they lost one of their biggest investors, Sawakami Asset Management. In a statement published from Bloomberg News, Sawakami's fund manager, Takahiro Kusakari, said they could not help but feel Takata's management is not trustworthy.
Japan's Takata Corp, which for months resisted U.S. regulators' demands to widen a recall over its potentially lethal air bags, has had an "attitude shift" and is in a mood to compromise to try to resolve the ballooning auto safety crisis, said a person close to the company.
Japanese air bag maker Takata Corp (7312.T) booked nearly $30 million in extra charges for vehicle recalls to replace potentially deadly air bag inflators, as well as other costs, tipping it toward a bigger annual loss than previously forecast.
Honda Motor Co (7267.T) has chosen a competitor of embattled Takata Corp (7312.T) to supply air bags for the next North American version of its Accord sedan, the automaker's best-selling vehicle, two people with knowledge of the decision said.
Workers at planemaker Boeing's (BA.N) Everett plant near Seattle are following extra safety measures after three air bag-related accidents, including the death of a technician last month, the company said on Friday.
General Motors Co (GM.N) disclosed on Friday that it recalled more than 2,400 of its new mid-sized pickup trucks in the United States and Canada to fix a previously announced air bag issue.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- LockBit Hackers Set a Ransom Deadline to Release Donald Trump Documents From Georgia Case
- North Korea Continues to Secretly Send Vast Amounts of Artillery Shells to Russia for War, South Korea Says
- Willy Wonka-Inspired Event in Glasgow Ends With Visitors Calling Police as They Believe They Got Scammed
- Walmart's $45M Settlement Offer for Overcharged Customers - Are You Eligible?
- Virgin Galactic to Pause Space Flights to Focus on Developing Its Next-Generation Delta-Class Spacecraft
- Joe Biden Orders Investigation Into 'Smart Cars' Built in China, Other Foreign Adversaries Over Security Concerns