Gartner said during the second quarter, smartphones outsold feature phones for the first time.
Apple's stock rose after Carl Icahn expressed his interest in the company amid the release of Apple's new products.
US District Judge Denise Cote scheduled a May 2014 trial for Apple to determine damages.
Analysts said the release of new iPhone and the 4G license grant for China Mobile might mean Apple and China Mobile's deal is looming.
Gartner confirmed the latest report from the International Data Corporation and said Android-based devices made up 79% of all the smartphones sold during 2013's second quarter.
Analysts said supporting an expanded buyback program proposed by Carl Icahn would be short sighted.
Omega Advisors Inc sold its shares in Facebook and precious metals' companies and bought Apple shares after Apple's decline.
Foxconn Technology Group's second quarter earnings report showed a boost of 40.8% due to strong iPhone sales and reduced costs by building factories in China.
Sources said DoCoMo would select from the smartphone models of Fujitsu, Sharp and Sony for the company's major winter product lineup.
Billionaire Carl Icahn's tweet influenced Apple share prices, making the leading tech company's stock valuation rise by as much as USD17 billion.
Hedge fund billionaire Carl Icahn told Reuters he thinks Apple must trade at USD700 per share since the current price at USD489.57 each is too cheap for the company.
Arno Lenior, Samsung Australia's chief marketing officer, said Apple-mocking ad campaigns has worked wonders for Samsung.
According to lawyers and analysts, Samsung could not make the arguments on public policy grounds that Apple used to sway the Obama administration.
Forrester Research predicted that the tablets' worldwide installed base would reach more than 900 million by 2017, up from 2010's 15 million users.
Apple Inc won an order versus Samsung that would prohibit the South Korean company from importing, selling and distributing its devices in the US.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value