A Bloomberg report said that private equity firms should be wary about purchasing assets during an economic downturn.
Sources told Bloomberg that Tribeca Holdings would be buying prime real estate in London's Mayfair district valued at GBP 130 million.
Marek Belka, Poland's Central Bank Governor, had urged local banks to find opportunities through purchase of local rivals that are owned by foreign banks.
Aegis is looking at Asia, Europe and South America for possible acquisitions called 'tuck-ins'.
Poplar Partners announced today that it had started its search for possible acquisitions in companies that have annual cash flows between USD1.5 and USD7 million.
BBC Worldwide and Ragdoll Productions sold "Teletubbies" to DHX Media.
US defense contractor Lockheed Martin said it was looking to make more acquisitions after its purchase of IT firm Amor Group.
Great Point Partners announced the acquisition of ProAssist Surgical Associates by its subsidiary firm American Surgical Assistants.
Nordea Bank said acquisitions had driven the growth of two European hearing aid manufacturers, William Demant Holdings and Sonova Holding.
Blink, the online travel app was purchased by Groupon for an undisclosed amount.
Reuters Factbox showed Microsoft's acquisitions and investments over the years had not been very lucrative for the company.
Japanese drug manufacturer Otsuka Holdings said it would be acquiring Astex Pharmaceuticals for close to USD 900 million.
The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce said that it had been seeking CAD1 billion wealth management acquisitions as it tried to boost profit.
Investment One Financial Services Ltd purchased the Nigeria International Growth Fund for an undisclosed amount.
Pentagon said it still wanted foreign companies to do business in the US, but takeovers must not put national security at risk.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- After Blackpink Renews Contract With YG Entertainment, K-Pop Agency Shares Spike 29%
- Charting Obstacles in Berner's Business Journey
- Trading on Terror? Israel Investigates Claims Some Traders Knew Hamas' Attack Plan and Profited off It
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- Apple's Market Cap Climbs Back Above $3 Trillion for the First Time Since August
- Nurp: Unleashing Financial Growth Through a Unique Lifestyle Philosophy
- Spotify to Lay Off 17% of Its Workforce — Here’s What CEO Daniel Ek Has to Say
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges