NSP Semiconductor Chief Executive Officer Richard Clemmer told Bloomberg that he is thinking of making as much as $1.5 billion in acquisitions of semiconductor companies that complement its core operations.
As the Chinese government plans to consolidate production, Anhui Conch Cement Co said it plans to increase its capacity to 30 million metric tons through acquisitions, Bloomberg reported.
Madison Dearborn Partners is leading a group that includes CoVant and an investor group run by Joseph M. Kampf that is buying LGS Innovations from Alcatel-Lucent for $200 million, The Washington Post reported.
A South China Morning Post report said Greenland Hong Kong Holdings Ltd, the real estate arm of China's state-owned Greenland Group, bought a site in Huangpu, Shanghai for CNY5.95 billion or HK$7.59 billion.
An economics expert told Minnesota Public Radio News that the Blackstone Group's strategy to acquire private homes across the US was strategic as the latter was able to dominate and capitalize opportunities in a new market segment.
Repsol Chairman told Bloomberg in an interview that the oil producer is willing to acquire assets in US, Canada and Northern Europe. The company is willing to spend up to USD 10 billion for the acquisitions.
Salesforce.com Inc said acquisitions help increase the company's sales in the third quarter. Salesforce posted third quarter revenues of USD 1.08 billion, which represented a 35% increase compared to figures from the previous year.
Equity investors were seeing fewer options to place their bets on the market as the stock rally had driven up company valuations, said a Bloomberg report.
American Realty is set to have a total of USD15 billion in acquisitions in the near future,
Like many other Gulf Cooperation Council banks, AUB is now seeking investments overseas for diversification purposes.
The machine to machine sector is where Sierra Wireless would be seeking investments and acquisitions as it grows in the next five years.
Some investors of AT&T Inc were wary about the US telecom company's plans to acquire European carriers.
Canada-based High Liner Foods would be looking to acquire assets to increase its profit and be the largest frozen seafood company in North America.
Fubon Life Insurance Co would be buying real estate overseas after the Taiwanese regulator eased restrictions for insurance firms on property investments.
Today, Dealertrack announced completing its acquisition of VINtek and Customer Focused Marketing Inc.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- JPMorgan Chase Gives Gloomy Outlook, Says 99% of Americans Will Be Worse off Financially in 2024 Than Pre-Pandemic
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah