Politico publisher Robert Allbritton issued a statement on Monday saying that he acquired news Web site Capital New York for a small, undisclosed amount.
Virident is purchased by Western Digital for USD685 million in cash.
The Carlyle Group said it would buy the Red Oak power plant in New Jersey and announced the completion of the acquisition of five other facilities in California.
Apollo Global Management would be buying Evo Banco for USD 79 million.
NYSE Euronext bought a minority stake in startup ACE Group Inc.
Marubeni-Itochu Steel announced its purchase of US pipes trader Sooner Inc for USD 600 million.
The Financial Times reported that Vodafone may not be able to acquire Kabel Deutschland for lack of shareholder approval.
Andre Esteves' Grupo BTG Pactual exercised option to purchase MPX Energia shares.
US engineering firm Jacobs Engineering purchases Sinclair Knight Merz for USD1.2 billion.
Microsoft Corp had been acquiring and investing in companies in the last two decades as the software maker planned to accelerate its presence in a market that it does not own.
Youtube network firm Maker Studios announced its official acquisition of Blip for an undisclosed amount.
The buyout of Onyx Pharmaceuticals was tainted with conflicts of interest and undervaluation, according to its shareholders.
American Tower said it would invest USD4.8 billion for the acquisition of MIP Tower Holdings LLC, parent of Global Tower Partners.
Matrix, the leading efficient energy management company, was purchased by E.ON Connecting Energies for an undisclosed amount.
Sources told Reuters that KKR would be favored by Panasonic to acquire a majority stake in its healthcare business.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Spotify to Lay Off 17% of Its Workforce — Here’s What CEO Daniel Ek Has to Say
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah
- US to Prevent China From Supplying Battery Materials for EVs Set to Receive Billions in Tax Credits
- Beyond Profits: A Look Into Trevor & Greg's Serviced Accommodation Mentorship Program
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- Despite AI Hype, New Data Shows Only Few US Companies Are Actually Using It