Japanese camera and endoscope maker Olympus Corp. would be prosecuted by UK's Serious Fraud Office for providing "misleading, false or deceptive" information in its Gyrus Group's financial accounts dating fiscal years 2009 and 2010.
According to an investigative report by the Huffington Post, Microsoft Corp would be dipping into its USD60 billion offshore holdings to finance its Nokia handset business acquisition in cash.
In an interview conducted by newly-acquired newspaper the Washington Post, Amazon.com Inc. CEO Jeff Bezos said that he would be applying his management style in Amazon to the beleaguered newspaper.
The Riverside Company announced its purchase of Rutland Plastics for an undisclosed amount.
Aquiline Capital Partners and Genstar Capital Management announced that they had closed their acquisition of Genworth Wealth Management in a deal valued at USD 412.5 million.
Ares Commercial Real Estate Corporation said today that it has closed a previously announced deal to acquire Alliant Capital LLC.
In an announcement, Actix was acquired by Amdocs for a purchase price of USD120 million.
While the terms remained private, Estancia purchases a minority stake in Equinoxe.
Sources told the Wall Street Journal that consumer goods maker Jarden Corp would buy scented candle maker Yankee Candle for USD 1.75 billion.
PT Indofood Sukses Makmur offered SGD488 million in cash for the vegetable processing firm Minzhong Food Corp.
The Dogan Group made a USD 742 million offer to purchase 53% of Digiturk, a digital pay-TV provider.
Global Ports Investments announced that it had agreed to acquire the National Container Company for USD 652 million.
Austrian oil firm OMV announced that it had agreed to buy a 40% stake in an offshore exploration block in Madagascar from Niko Resources.
The Central Bank of Malaysia said no to the proposal of BIMB Holdings to issue Islamic bonds to fund its purchase of Bank Islam.
The latest purchase made by Coca-Cola in Mexico was recently announced after an acquisition spree across three continents was undertaken.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Uber Shares Jump After the Ride-Hailing Company Picked to Join the S&P 500 Index
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges
- Beyond Profits: A Look Into Trevor & Greg's Serviced Accommodation Mentorship Program
- Charting Obstacles in Berner's Business Journey